Sunday, October 28, 2012

R-E-S-P-E-C-T

After week 7, I do believe the word "respect" is the best way to sum up the Gmen and 'Skins games. Aye-yi-yi! I must admit there was not a dull moment in that game and RGIII has completely earned my respect! My grandfather was a huge Redskins fan back in the day, and I remember sitting with him as a little girl watching Doug Williams play. Needless to say my grandfather would've been proud of the acquisition of the 'Skins new weapon of mass destruction! That youngin is going to be a thorn in the NFC East for years to come. But then again, we are the NFC East and stiff competition should be the norm! So I welcome the red-headed step children of the NFC East back to the ranks of worthiness of being apart of the division for more than just sweeping the New York Giants pre-RGIII last season.

 

Well enough of the gushing over the new improved 'Skins. Respect is given because it was definitely earned, but now it's time to recap week 7's play where my Gmen edged out RGIII and crew. Let's start by shouting out Sporty's Real G's for week 7 starting with the "Comeback Kid" himself, Eli Manning. With 337 passing yards, the Man(ning) with the plan kept the Gmen in the game this past week as he always does! On the receiving end of the ball helping to secure the win, a shout out goes to Victor Cruz for 131 receiving yards and pulling in Mr. Elite's 77 yard pass for the touchdown that put the Gmen back in the lead and secured the win after a Redskins fumble with :46 left in the game. *cues Salsa music* On defense, sending a shout out to Stevie Brown for his inter-freakin-ception in the third quarter. Getting the ball back is always a good look. Last but not least, shouting out Sporty's Sack Pack Osi Umenyiora, Justin Tuck, and J.P.P.. Getting to RGIII was beautiful fellas, absolutely beautiful! On top of that J.P.P.'s sack leading to RGIII's fumble brought immense joy!

Time to bring week 7 to an end with my picks recap. I went 8 for 13 in my picks, which puts me at 62%. C'est la vie! Shaking off week 7 and pushing on to week 8 picks:

Of course I took the Vikings over the Bucs, so I'm starting at -1 yet again *sigh*

Other picks for Week 8:

Pats over Rams

Packers over Jags

Dolphins over Jets

Chargers over Browns

Titans over Colts

Falcons over Eagles

Steelers over 'Skins

Seahawks over Lions

Bears over Panthers

Raiders over Chiefs

Saints over Broncos

Niners over Cardinals

Sporty's Queasy Pick of the Week is none other than the Gmen over the Cowboys. With the win in week one, Cowboys fans have been quite cocky about their teams ability. Unlike SOME players, who can't admit that they were not the best team on the field for that week, or even the fans, and you know who you are! I will admit the Cowboys were just the better team that week *gags\shakes\spits* BLAH! That didn't even taste right! I didn't say it would be easy, just that I'd admit it. Which is why my Gmen need to do what they always do when they head to Dallas, take over the house that Jerry built! Yes the organization may have the rights to the deed and title, but Eli and company definitely own the house! Do work Gmen!

With that being said, if I chose your squad for this week, may the odds be in their favor. Wishing all teams in action a healthy, injury free game. Wishing my Gmen an ELIte gameday and an opportunity to turn Michael Irvin's bold predictions against us (DeMarcus Ware with 4 sacks and the secondary 3 interceptions) in our favor. May Sporty's Sack Pack move with the forces of raging bulls and the o-line be a brick wall between our qb and the Cowboys defenders. From the first drive, to the last play, to the final seconds in the fourth quarter, WE FIGHT! Happy NFL Sunday to all and GO BIG BLUE!

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment