Sunday, October 7, 2012

Drama Must Have Its Moment

First and foremost, let's recap my Gmen's game against the Eagles last week. Might as well not let it linger, just get it over with. Even in the NFL, drama must have it's moment. Of course I'm talking on the field, not off. It was the battle of the 2 and 1(s) of the NFC East. With my Gmen, the Eagles (blah), and the Cowboys (yuck) in a three way tie. Who would break out on Sunday night and lead the East? Of course, as far as I was concerned, it would be my Gmen. Unfortunately a very well known road was traveled that night. Whenever the Gmen and Eagles go heads up a barf bag is not too far away from me! Shall we flashback for a minute?

This game hit a new match up low and was hard to shake in 2010. Truthfully I still cringe to this day! I was so stunned I was numb. After it wore off I felt for Dodge, it was so much more than just a bad punt kick decision. It was sloppy special teams all around! It was actually sloppy Giants play throughout the game. Unfortunately he put the icing on the cake. I thought for sure Coach Coughlin was going to catch a case though! Wooooo-saaaaah!

Coming back to last week, I have to admit, we had almost every dramatic NFL scenario in the game. The battle of the defenses in the first half, an interception in the endzone, penalties causing refs to make it rain throughout the second half, which leads us into a possible comeback that had Giants fans on the edge of their seats. Then the missed field goal, but wait, there was icing on this bitter cake, well more like Reid icing our kicker and a set up for another comeback win. Leading to another miss, just short. WOW! I personally feel Tynes shouldn't have been in that position to begin with, 54 yards? Uh-uh, that last penalty killed it! Offense giveth and offense taketh away. Anyway it was an invigorating ending to a humdrum beginning of a game. Needless to say the Eagles came out on top...for now.

There was mass celebration on my facebook page, I mean the Eagles were able to prevail over the Superbowl Champions in week 4. Emphasis on week 4. I had to remind them just like I reminded the Cowboys fans in week 1, we'll meet again when there's more on the line than just one win. I don't know why fans have amnesia when it comes to their squads starting strong and finishing weak. I can admit you've won a battle, but I can't give you credit for winning the war. It's too much football left to play! I also don't know how I "friended" so many NFC East rivals. Yes I do, I enjoy NFL conflict as much as comradery, it's how I grew up. NFC East rival fans, got to love 'em :-) I've shaken that game off and am ready to move on to week 5.

First let's recap my picks. In week 4 I did much better than the last two weeks, 11 for 15, putting me at 73%. Of course my Gmen losing just nulls and voids the whole "I picked every other team that doesn't matter to me winning" affair. Even though I must admit Falcons and Panthers were the shoot out I predicted *pow-pow-pow*. That was a good start to the NFL Sunday line up. With that being said here are my picks for week 5:

Cards over Rams (Which didn't happen on Thursday night. I was impressed with the Rams though.)

Steelers over Eagles (Take no mercy on those birds!!!)]

Packers over Colts

Bengals over Dolphins

Ravens over Chiefs

Falcons over Redskins

Niners over Bills

Panthers over Seahawks ( I believe the Panthers are hungry for a win after that close loss to Atlanta. Cam is ready to show out. Do your thing youngin'!)

Bears over Jags

Vikes over Titans

Broncos over the Pats

Saints over Chargers

Texans over Jets

Last, but definitely not least, I take my Gmen over the Browns. Not looking for a blowout, just a game where offense and defense shows up ready to play all four quarters. On that note, I need to send shout outs to Domenik Hixon and David Wilson from last week. Let's make them "Sporty's Real G's" for week 4. It is soooooooo good to see Hixon back, healthy, and handling business! WELCOME BACK MAN *wipes happy tears*!!!! David Wilson looked awesome on kick off returns, he was making it do what it do last week. Let me also shout out "da Bears" for putting it on the Cowboys. I don't like a Giants loss and an Eagles\Cowboys win in one week!

So as we kick off week 5 action, if I chose your squad for this week, may the odds be in your favor. May my Gmen go into week 5 with a chip on their shoulders from week 4 and lay it all on the Browns. Those boys came to town on the wrong day! Wishing your squad and mine a healthy, injury free game. Let's also not forget to support "A Crucial Catch" campaign in partnership with The American Cancer Society, and share the importance of early screenings year round. Enjoy your NFL Sunday and let's Go Big Blue!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment