Sunday, September 30, 2012

The Refs are Back, The Refs are Back

Week 4 kicked off with the official NFL refs back on the field Thursday night. I would like to send a heartfelt thank you out the NFL replacement refs. As a teacher, I am grateful for anyone who steps in and attempts to take the place of the absent professional. As many issues as there were with bad calls and long waits for reviews, you proved there's a certain "je ne sais quoi" to playcalling that needs to be given its respect. Fans didn't talk much about the refs lockout, until after week 1. By week 2 they were howling for the refs to be given what they wanted and back on the field. Kind of reminded me of the Disney cartoon "The Replacements", you don't know what you're going to get until you get it...then you want to send it back.



Well week 3 is behind us and week 4 is on deck! Let me recap my picks for week 3, where I managed to keep my average at 50% hitting the nail on the head for 8 out of the 16 picks. * deep heavy sigh* Best believe I will be keeping my day job!!!!

Shaking off the past and pushing forwarding, I'm going to make my calls for week 4. Let's see if I can tap my inner "NFL Whisperer" and pull up my pathetic picks average.

Here are my picks:

Falcons over Panthers (After the embarrasing loss to my Gmen, I don't believe this game is going to be a blowout in the Falcons favor. This is going to be a good old southern shootout *pow-pow-pow*, but I believe once the dust settles, Atlanta will be on top.)

Bills over Pats

Vikings over Lions

Texans over Titans

Chargers over Chiefs

Niners over Jets

Seahawk over Rams

Bengals over Jags

Cardinals over Dolphins

Broncos over Raiders

Redskins over Bucs

Packers over Saints

Bears over Cowboys

Browns and Ravens (I didn't have a pick overall, my week was too hectic :-( )

Last but definitely not least I take my Gmen (as always) over the Eagles. My stress free NFL Sunday is a thing of the past, and the heat is about to be on! The battle of the NFC East 2-1 standing will be on and popping starting Sunday night. Hopefully the Bears will be some help Monday night by knocking the Cowboys down a notch! LET'S GO BEARS!!!!! With that being said if I chose your team, for this week, may the odds be in your favor. Wishing all squads a healthy, injury free games minus the OT panic attacks that occured last week! Wishing my Gmen a strong win against the Eagles with all sides of the ball showing up strong and showing out! Happy NFL Sunday and as always GO BIG BLUE!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment