Sunday, September 23, 2012

Roadtrip Sporty Style

Week 3 NFL action kicked off with my Gmen in the "Queen City" Thursday night taking on the Carolina Panthers. There was no way in the world my squad could be that close and I not be in the building. Finally an opportunity to scream at the field what I scream at the tv. Of course I wanted a good game and a Giants win, but the pummeling they served up the Panthers were priceless. By halftime "Let's Go Giants" chants were echoing around the field *wipes away proud tear*. Panthers fans were so frustrated that a fight broke out in our section between two Panthers fans. One of them had his jersey turned inside out. Security moved in quick, fast, and in a hurry, to snatch them up and move them out. Which helped me realize this formula is lethal ---> Too much alcohol + fellow fans with different viewpoints of the game + not enough points for the home team on the scoreeboard = an NFL civil war.

My view from section 532-row 24 -seat 9



I still had a good time at Bank of America Stadium and was surrounded by Gmen fans and some really entertaining Panthers fans. It was a great trip but now it's time to recap my picks from week 2 and call them for week 3. Week 2 was not a good pick week, I dropped from week 1. I was 8 for 16 with my picks, knocking me back to 50%. Does it count that a few games were actually close? No? Oh well, shaking it off and moving on to my picks for week 3:

Giants over Panthers were my pick Thursday night. My Gmen did a great job on all sides of the ball! I won't even comment on the Cam Newton "We (Panthers) beat ourselves..." comment. My Gmen have been here so many times that I'm shocked when a team just calls their win a good win!

Back to the picks:

Rams over Bears

Bills over Browns

Bucs over Cowboys

Jags over Colts

Jets over Dolphins

Niners over Vikings

This Saints game, I honestly don't know, but I'm calling Saints over Chiefs

Lions over Titans

Redskins over Bengals (Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr*)

Cards over Eagles

Falcons over Chargers

Texans over Broncos

Steelers over Raiders

Ravens over Pats

Seahawks over Packers

*My Grrrrrrrrrrrrr reflects my support of an upset

Another stress free NFL Sunday is ahead of me, and after that incredible win in the Queen City I look forward to watching games with no emotions attached to them other than the sheer thrill of the game. Yes, even the great wins wear me out!!!!!

My view as I walked up, up, up to the 500s section

Looking forward to some great games and improving my picks average! Although we already have a "W" in our column, I can't end without saying GO BIG BLUE! So, with that being said, if I chose your team this week, may the odds be in your favor! Happy NFL Sunday all :-)

 

No comments:

Post a Comment