Sunday, September 9, 2012

Happy NFL Sunday

Of course the NFL season kicked off for me when my Gmen took on my NFL arch-nemesis the Dallas Cowboys. I was so excited for that Wednesday night game. I woke up on cloud nine ready to take on the challenges of the day just to get to Wednesday night. Finally kick off came and the game began, the beginning of the "drive for five" was on and popping! The Super Bowl XLVI Champs were about to take the field!

 

Needless to say it is Sunday morning and we all know how the story ended Wednesday night. The Gmen fell to the Cowboys 24-17. The running game was nonexistent, which always hurts my heart in a win or a loss. We have got to open up some holes in the line and control that clock. Offense couldn't find its groove in the first half, defense lost its groove in the second half. Along with the secondary being tormented and exposed throughout the second half.

I don't know if it was the fact that I was full off of a Firehouse Sub, or the fact that football was finally back, or the fact that I know the Giants never take the road we think they should travel, but this game didn't shake my stance or trigger major worries. Are there issues to deal with? Yep, most definitely, but you don't tap your team out in week 1! There is still a whole lot more football left to be played and adjustments to be made. We have all witnessed teams who start strong and can't finish.

"When we lose them (games) it's me, the head coach, when we win them (games), it's the players."------Coach Coughlin

I am more than convinced that Coach Coughlin and his coordinators will fix the debacle that unfolded Wednesday night. With that being said, I look forward to a stress free NFL Sunday. Being able to watch the line up with no true emotions attached, except the exhileration that comes with the season finally being back!

With that being said, here are Sporty's picks for Week 1:

Vikings over the Jags (Last I saw Adrian Peterson, the love of my NFL life, was suppose to play :-\ praying for that knee.)

That's my NFL Boo! Maybe I should start a "NFL Fantasy Wives" Club

 

Back to the picks:

Bears over Colts

Bills over Jets

Texans over Dolphins

Pats over Titans (Hurts to even type that one! Grrrrrrrrrrrr...)

Rams over Lions

Saints over Redskins

Eagles over Browns (Hurts to type that one too! Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr...)

Falcons over Chiefs

Packers over Niners

Cardinals over Seahawks

Panthers over Bucs

Broncos over Steelers (good luck to Big Brother Manning)

Ravens over Bengals

Chargers over Raiders

Any team with Grrrrrrrrrrrrrr behind the pick, I look forward to the game swinging in the other favor! I would like to take this time to welcome all teams back to NFL play and all fans back to NFL action! If I chose your squad, may the odds, this week, be in your favor! NFL football is baaaaaaaack! Happy NFL Sunday and although we don't play, I stil must say GO BIG BLUE!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment