Saturday, August 25, 2012

Preseason Rush

Thank you to CBS for airing the Giants and Bears preseason game last night. Last week marked week two of being back to work, so I was in between cheering and sleep after the first half. My body is still trying to adjust from summer break to work mode. Anyway, I must say the first half of the game was really exhilarating. First of all let me say that I am a true blue-blooded New York Giants Fan who believes regardless how strong our passing game is, victory is not sweet unless we are shoving the ball down any defense's throat with a serious running game. With that being said, David Wilson had an awesome running exhibition along with doing a great job of snatching up short passes. He definitely has the potential to be a very dangerous back. I loved the spin off of a defender for extra yardage on one of his runs! On twitter I saw a few comments regarding his ability to block, or lack there of. I'm not knowledgeable of that fact, but what I do know is the rookie can definitely run! I was also glad to see Ramses Barden warming the field up with some quick passes and the first Gmen touchdown. Giants Nation has been waiting on him to blossom and bloom, hopefully this is the beginning of his time to shine! Of course this Manning girl was very proud of her quarterback's poise and scrambling ability in this game. Eli doesn't waste time talking about, he goes out there and just does it! I do believe he needs to be the new Nike poster boy.



On the other side of the ball, defense was doing what they do oh so well, rushing the passer and serving him up with a little dose of reality. There were a few "oh my gosh" moments regarding player injuries, especially when Prince Amukamara got carted off the field. Definitely do not want more players added to the injury bug list. This season I am looking forward to seeing all my Gmen healthy and working hard on the field. But the greater of the two is being healthy!

Even in this 17-20 loss, I was very proud of what my Gmen brought to the field against the Bears. I am looking forward to the next match up against the Pats *insert evil grin*. I know the preseason isn't approached with the same intensity of the regular season games, but everybody has at least one preseason game where losing is not an option, even if it's just the preseason. Well, if you don't, I do and the Pats will be that game.

The preseason gives me the rush I need to kick off the new school year on the right note. Organizing and planning in advance so I'll be free to watch my Gmen take the field definitely keeps me ahead of the education game! The life of a sporty teacher :-) you have to love it! Go Big Blue!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment