Sunday, October 21, 2012

Doubt Brings Them Out

Week 6 action was fantastic! Let's start with the most important game of the week, drum roll please...the Gmen and the Niners. The Niners went into week 6 heavily favored over the Gmen and heavily praised for past performances. This was to be the rematch to the playoffs "L" the Gmen handed them last season. Revenge was the gameplan, yada, yada, yada, the Niners were chosen for the win. Needless to say the Gmen always play better with a chip on their shoulder and they showed up and showed out in this game. As much as I hate the fact that NFL analysts don't "coo" and "awwww" over my squad like others *coughs the Pats* and *sneezes anybody else*, I always get nervous if we are ever heavily favored. Playing from behind seems to bring the Gmen out! Sort of letting the analysts know that their talk will not define Gmen play! YOU GO BOYS!!!

Confession: I was looking for an excuse to throw up an old T.I. song

With that being said, time to shout out Sporty's Real G's for week 6. Let's start with deeeeeeeeeeeeeeeefense! Antrel Rolle(2) and Prince Amukamara(1) for their inter-freakin-ceptions! Getting the ball back is always a good look, always! Next up is JPP (2) Linval Joseph (1) and Adrian Tracy (1) for being the "Sack Pack" for week 6, I do believe I need to rename that Sporty's Sack Pack! Opposing qbs on their back? I'm loving it! Last but not least, at the position that is the heartbeat of New York Giants Football and holds a very special place in my heart *wipes happy tears*, shout out to Ahmad Bradshaw for 116 yards rushing. Yes, over one hundred yards rushing! Definitely a man on a mission, hungry for yards. May the running game be forever in our favor!

Okay, let's recap my other picks from week 6 where I choose 8 out of the 14 picks for the win. That makes my percentage 57%, not impressive at all, but my Gmen came out on top so all is well. Side note I was suppose to do a post on Derrick Jeter's injury, but never got around to it. I am an awful Yankees fan, I aim to do better. Anyway, wishing DJ a healthy speedy recovery.

Now it's time to pick wins for week 7. With the percentages I'm putting up I'll be sure to keep my day job...

I took Seahawks over Niners, so again, I'm starting at -1

Vikes over Cards

Panthers over Cowboys (This is Sporty's Queasy Pick of the Week. Shoutout to the Seahawks for coming out on top against last week's queasy pick. Let's Go Panthers!!!!!!!)

Packers over Rams

Colts over Browns

Saints over Bucs

Ravens over Texans

Bills over Titans

Pats over Jets

Jags over Raiders

Steelers over Bengals

Bears over Lions

In the most important game of week 7, as far as I'm concern, it's my Gmen over the 'Skins. Can we please knock the taste out of the Redskins mouths and shut up the whole "They were the only team to sweep the Super Bowl Champs last season." Yes, I know it's true, but it doesn't make it any less annoying! So today is the Gmen's day of redemption and I know with RGIII on the other side of the ball it will not be easy. I believe in my defense, that they will attack early and NEVER STOP ATTACKING. I believe in my offense, that they will strike early and NEVER STOP STRIKING. I believe all sides of the ball will show up dominating this game and bringing a heavily desired "W" into that win column. Because truth be told, I will not be able to deal with a week of recaps if the Redskins win, which they won't!!!!!! I also believe I better keep some Maalox close at hand for this game!

With that being said, if I chose your squad this week, may the odds be in their favor. Wishing all teams in action a healthy, injury free game. May my Gmen send the Sons of Wash-ing-ton back to DC with a reality check and an "L" to hail to. Yeah, it is that serious this week! Happy NFL Sunday and Go Big Blue!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment