Sunday, October 14, 2012

Welcome to REAL New York Giants Football

Well week 5 is a thing of the past, but it's truly not over until I give my recap. Well, honestly, it's over when the Thursday night game kicks off the new week, but in Sporty's world it's not through until I give you my two cents.

Week 5 had the Browns against my Gmen at home. Were the Gmen ready to protect their house? The opening drive got me nauseous early on with the early turnover on the first drive and the Browns back to back touchdowns early in the quarter. I never declare defeat until the end, but truth be told my neck and shoulders started to tense up at that point. I wasn't expecting an easy game, but I also didn't expect all of that so early. Needless to say, we've all heard the motto it's not how you start, it's how you finish. Finish my Gmen did, and quite nicely I must add 41 to 27. A rocky start ended in a GIANT finish. Now is a great time to shout out Sporty's Real G's for week 5. A big shout out to Ahmad Bradshaw for 200, yes 200, rushing yards!!! This my friend is where the title for this week comes from, that's real New York Giants football bay-beee! Yard for yard, pound for pound on the ground. It even makes me emotional as I recap. Mega rushing yards are always a beautiful thing! Next shout out is a double dose, Stevie Brown and Chason Black for their in-ter-freakin-cep-tions! Defense getting the ball back is always a wonderful sight to behold! Last but not least, I want to shout out Mr. Three TDs, Mr. Salsa King himself, Victor Cruuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuz! I hadn't enjoyed that much salsa without chips in awhile!

CHEERS TO WEEK 5 !!!!!

Of course my Gmen winning is the cake and the icing, but let's recap my picks for the other week 5 games. I went 9 for 14, dropping from week 4 at 64%. Again, some games were very close, but honestly all that truly matters is my Gmen won. All is still right in my sports world, well the NFl realm of it that is. Future baseball post to come :-(

Now let's jump into my picks for week 6:

I took the Steelers over the Titans for Thursday Night Football, so I'm starting off this week -1

Colts over Jets

Ravens over Cowboys

Bucs over Chiefs

Bengals over Browns

Lions over Eagles

Falcons over Raiders

Dolphins over Rams

Cards over Bills

Seahawks over Pats (This will kick off "Sporty's Queasy Pick" It is sickening how much love the analysts give Brady and the Pats! Geesh!! GO SEAHAWKS!!!!!!!)

Vikes over Redskins

Texans over Packers

Broncos over Chargers

Last but definitely not least Gmen over Niners (Niners seem to be the favored pick in this game with the analysts, excellent! I get very nervous when they choose the Giants in any game.)

Well another NFL Sunday is upon us. If I picked your squad, may the odds this week be in their favor. Wishing all teams in action a healthy, injury free game. May my Gmen march into Candlestick Park and blow the lights out! Show them what REAL New York Giants Football looks like on all sides of the ball! You know my post isn't through until I throw in my final GO BIG BLUE! Happy NFL Sunday!

No comments:

Post a Comment