Sunday, November 18, 2012

Bye-Bye

I have been experiencing a rollercoaster of emotions since week 8 play. Unfortunately that roller coaster seems to be stuck in dip mode! I was not happy at all with our play against the Cowboys in week 8. Truth be told, Romo played himself and in the process gave up that game to the Gmen. It went in our favor, but games like that against division rivals always makes me nervous mad. Next week 9 we played against the Steelers which ended up being a tug of war with Steelers coming out on top. Lastly, week 10 with the Bengals blowing us out. By half time I was absolutely numb! You never underestimate your opponents, but I was not expecting what played out last week. To sum it up in three words aye-yi-yi!

Now week 11 is the Gmen's bye week. Emotionally I needed this week to get all my vitals back to normal. We also need this week to say bye-bye to a few issues:



During the bye can we say bye to:

1. Eli's slump: I believe in Eli but he definitely has to break out of his mental or physical slump. Whatever it is, we need the "Comeback Kid" to comeback and I am not just talking about in the fourth quarter, I'm talking about all four quarters every tiime the offense hits the field! I bELIeve!

2. The secondary getting smoked on deep passes and the pass rush slowly disappearing. When balls go deep I hold my breath. A.J. Green said there were holes in the defense and then he and the Bengals went out and capitalized on it last week. Regardless how it was meant, it proved to be fact not trashtalk. Aye-yi-yi!

3. Field goals instead of touchdowns in the red zone. I repeat, FIELD GOALS INSTEAD OF TOUCHDOWNS in the red zone! This issue needs to S-T-O-P! That keeps your opponents in the game longer than necessary. Let's crush ALL hope as early as we can!

4. The wideouts stepping it up and out! We have too many weapons to be struggling this badly on offense.

Needless to say my Gmen will pull it together, they always do. I just need a few games where I don't need to check my pressure at the end! Yes, I know the schedule doesn't get easier from here on, but it's up to the Gmen to show how badly they want it. Refuse to be denied!!!!

With that being said, here are my picks for week 11 play:

I took the Bills over Dolphins for TNF so I start +1 (yippee)

Falcons over Cards

Panthers over Bucs

Browns over Cowboys (This is Sporty's Queasy Pick of the Week. Go Browns!)

Packers over Lions

Texans over Jags

Bengals over Chiefs

Rams over Jets

'Skins over Eagles

Saints over Raiders

Broncs over Chargers

Pats over Colts

Steelers over Ravens

Niners over Bears

If I chose your squad may the odds this week be in your favor! Wishing all teams in action a healthy, injury free game. Wishing my Gmen family a happy emotion-free NFL Sunday. Actually it won't be since we'll be keeping tabs on the Eagles and Cowboys very closely. Hoping my Gmen enjoyed a restful bye week and are ready to come back and dominate the NFC East. Happy NFL Sunday and Go Big Blue (translation boo Dallas and Philly).

No comments:

Post a Comment