Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Sporty Says:

"All I Want For Christmas..."

Week 14 was crazy! Starting with the Gmen being stuck in KC because of weather in Minnesota. Then Sunday morning waking up to footage of the Metrodome’s roof collapsing, thank God no one was in the building, which led to a search for a new venue.  Finally when the dust settled, or in this case, the snow cleared…kind of, the game was set for Monday night in Detroit.
I was more than ready to see my Gmen take on the Vikings. I was elated to see that Favre was among the inactives, mainly because I feared my defense would have him taken out on a stretcher!  I also had to lay aside my affections for Adrian Peterson, my NFL crush, for four quarters. I knew Big Blue would have to contain AD throughout this game. He was our major threat, and contain him my defense did to only 26 yards! Now that was a major blow to my fantasy team, but my motto is, “reality trumps fantasy”!
Defense looked good throughout this game pulling in four sacks and one interception.  They also contained AD and left their signature on Tarvaris Jackson late in the third quarter. *counts on fingers* That makes it six quarterbacks wrecked and counting…that’s a beautiful thing! On the other side of the ball, Eli started the day looking like, well, Eli. With two early interceptions, along with a look of disgust, like he couldn’t get into the groove of things. How long had they been stuck in the airport again? I guess I could sort of understand it…I guess.  
 I’m an old school Giants fan, passing is good, but running is GREAT!  That’s a major part of playing New York Giants Football, fighting for every yard and wearing the opposing defense down!  Well greatness did take over, starting with Jacobs taking off for 73 yards setting up a touchdown! From that point on the Vikes got a taste of the Jacobs/Bradshaw combo #1 served up hot and ready to ball out! At the end of the night they rushed for over 200 yards! The running game showing up strong, now that’s a beautiful thing! *insert Jacobs/Bradshaw TD dance*

Once the running game launched Eli started hitting his groove and threw for much needed yardage. One throw in particular, that I was impressed with, that the media didn’t make enough noise about to me, was the touchdown pass to Boss at the end of the half! I was impressed with my qb, Go Eli! Through all the confusion that led to the game, and all the attention soaked up by Favre breaking his 297 game starting streak, offense and defense showed up strong and was able to shut the Vikes down and flex a little before the match up with Philly!

This game ended with a lot of injuries, but I love where my Gmen’s heads and hearts are, it’s all about the TEAM stepping up and handling business!  That’s all I want for Christmas, a team that bELIeves!

 Thanks Santa and Go Big Blue!

No comments:

Post a Comment