Monday, December 27, 2010

Sporty says...

Mayday, Mayday, Mayday!
                I knew this was going to be a thriller.  I was thinking it would be a very close game, but in the end my Gmen would win, and we would be in! Totally forgetting that we never take the “easier” road! No, if there’s a more difficult, stomach wrenching road to take, that’s the way we’ll go!

Let’s get straight to the point,"BALL SECURITY", where in the world was it yesterday?  Recap the debacle with me:
·         Manning intercepted FOUR times! This was the sloppiest I have seen Eli, and he was consistently sloppy. Green Bay’s defense actually dropped a few passes that would have been more interceptions! C’mon Eli! He’s having the "best", worst season of his career! 

·         Bradshaw and Jacobs for a fumble a piece. I believe in the running game I do, but it means nothing if we can’t secure the ball!

·         Side note: Let’s not forget Boss, who was dropping passes, but could have been the hero in the Jacobs fumble, if he only fell on the ball. Instead he tries to scoop it up and advance it! I’m sorry I respect all my Gmen, I do, but during recess, even the nine year olds I teach realize YOU FALL ON A LOOSE BALL!!!  

·         Ball security even affected our challenges!  Coughlin won the Nicks challenge, but lost the Jacobs challenge, you know where Boss could have FALLEN ON THE BALL! So when Eli threw for the 4th game turnover, his 3rd pick, that was challenge worthy, TC couldn’t throw the red flag!
I have a solution for our ball security issues, I vote to use the “Sticky Stuff” from the Bud Light commercial!
The best play on defense was Tuck and Rolle on Nelson. Rolle stripped and Tuck recovered setting us up for our second touchdown as Manning connected with Manningham. Even special teams did their part and actually step their game up from last week. That was about as exciting as it got before it went downhill.  Justin Tuck summed it up nicely in the press conference, “…We played like we didn’t have nothing to play for.”  
Green Bay capitalized on our mistakes and played solid ball totaling over 500 yards against our defense and shutting down our offense.  They played for survival and got it! Now we have to regroup and depend on the kindness of strangers!
On that note, I’m sending a “Mayday” out to all coaches and staff to make sure this debacle is not repeated again.  A “Mayday” goes out to the players, you’ve got heart, PLAY WITH IT! Last but not least, I’m sending a “Mayday” out to da Bears to take down the Packers or Falcons and Bucs to top the Saints. May the NFL planets align just right to give my Gmen another chance at life! Mayday, Mayday, Mayday!  

No comments:

Post a Comment