Thursday, December 23, 2010

Sporty says...

“Twas a Day of Debacle…”
Taken somewhat from “Twas the Night Before Christmas”

Twas’ the first game to kick off and all through the house this Sportychic was excited, who cares about a mouse?  My Gmen hat sat on my head with care, as I donned my Manning jersey cause I bELIeved without fear, that my Gmen would show up strong on this day and make those meddling Eagles pay!
The first few quarters had me shouting with glee! My defense showed up for business, this could surely be seen. Vick contained and DeSean shutdown, there’s no way this G-Girl could wear a frown. Then I heard the most wonderful sound to my ears, Manning to Manningham! Hip- hip and more cheers! But it didn’t stop there, oh no it went on! Kenny decided to present the offense a gift and brought back a fumble, sat it right at their door. And take it from here our merry leader did do, he hit Manningham for 6, then came the PAT too!
More rapid then Eagles this offense did fly and racking up points right in front of my eyes. Manning to Nicks, yes, yes it was true! This “chic” was so happy she didn’t know what to do! Then just as quick as it came it started to fade… Manningham fumbled late in the 3rd, setting up an unexpected TD for those birds!  But then Desean presented us with a gift, a turnover not challenged by Coach Reid, oh what a sweet dish!  More rapid then hurricanes the offense did fly and Manning hit Boss with a pie in the sky!

Then all of sudden the momentum did switch and Vick hit Celek for a 65 yard dish!  Then came the onside kick, oh my! This fan definitely shut her eyes! And grabbed her head, and dropped on the floor, what in the world was happening, my heart can’t take any more!  
Then the Vick show began and the Eagles even the score, but I knew that my Gmen wanted it more! Our offense got nothing in their last possession; it looked like overtime wasn’t out of the question. As we prepared to punt, time seemed to move slow, and then all of a sudden, well yeah, you know.
 Straight to DeSean who dropped, then picked it up, and was off. Away that Eagle flew like the down of a thistle leaving behind Big Blue jerseys, please somebody blow a whistle!  I quickly exclaimed as Jackson cruised in for the score, I HATE THE EAGLES, NOW EVEN MORE!
 

And I heard my Gmen exclaim, as they sauntered away, this rivalry aint over, there’s more football to play!!!! So from my family to yours I say with glee... my Gmen aren’t done as you soon will see.
So let me send out this wish before I’m through, MERRY CHRISTMAS TO ALL AND GO BIG BLUE!

No comments:

Post a Comment