Friday, October 22, 2010

Sporty Says...

“NO ALIBI”

Leadership has been heavily questioned for the Giants along with the lack of discipline and focus of the squad. After the exhibition against the Titans even I was dazed! The game didn’t truly escape us until we went into the end of the 3rd quarter. Yes, even with the early turnovers and the penalties mounting my Giants still had an opportunity to pull through…but didn’t.  Manning had early interceptions in the first quater, but we were still able to make key plays and enter the half tied 10-10. I send kudos to our defense for containing Chris Johnson in the first half! It was invigorating to see the sea of blue jerseys zoning in on him! Then we started the second half and couldn’t get the rhythm we needed offensively and our hold defensively started slipping resulting in a 10-29 loss.
So let’s recap,  at the end of four quarters we had 11 penalties totaling 85 yards,  2 missed field goals, horrible plays by special teams, three turnovers,  a “rhythmless “offense, and  were 25% efficient in the red zone!   The word after the game and locker room interviews is that players are taking ownership in the locker room for the shortcomings. I am so glad to hear that! But like I tell the 9year olds I teach, taking ownership for falling short means nothing until you step up and do better.  Our weaknesses are being exposed so plainly even a blind man could see it! Now that we’ve stopped complaining to the media, let’s stop SAYING all the right things, and start DOING all the right things to improve it!  Truth be told defense looked better, offense has yet to impress me, there are some sparks, but no lasting impression! We make key plays but aren’t converting them to needed points! I need the offense of last season to pair up with the developing defense of this season and show up at the same game ready to play.  As for special teams…what can I say?  I’m speechless; I have no speech, ab-so-lute-ly speechless! One thing I’ve learned in life is if you accept the praise in times of victory, you have got to accept the criticism in times of defeat.  To be defeated by a better opponent is one thing but to aid in your own downfall is totally something else!  Regardless of the score, I still BLEED BLUE but I’m very interested in what the organization is going to do.  Right now insanity is occurring, we’re doing the same things and expecting different results, and for this G-men there is NO ALIBI!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment