Friday, October 22, 2010

Sporty Says...

“Fire Up the Grill”

My G-men had their eyes on the Lone Star state and going heads up with the Houston Texans. From kick off my heart was pounding out of my chest because the noise level was unbelievable! The 12th man definitely showed up and was ready for a showdown!  The crowd had to be taken out of the game quick, fast, and in a hurry! Little did they know that the G-men had “Numerology” on their side, the date being 10-10-10 -àtotal  Manning domination! I’m totally lying the G-men had a good offensive game and a great defensive game on their side and was able to dominant the game and win 34-10! Let’s recap week 5:
                                                             
The SAME defense against the Bears showed up and showed out!  They held Foster to only 25 rushing yards and did an excellent job on pass rushing. Webster was able to get an early interception. Osi (2) and Tuck (1) combined for a total of 3 sacks, with Osi stripping Schaub and Tuck scooping up the fumble and giving the offense good field position.  Once again can I get a DEEEEEEEFENSE! Brings tears of joy to my eyes!  Not only did defense come ready, offense came out looking ready to play also. Now at first Eli looked a little unnerved when he called an early time out, but then the show began starring Manning to Nicks!  Then it was Manning to Nicks… and did I mention Manning to Nicks! I still say Hakeem’s hands are amazing! Hakeem “The Dream”, whom I’ve deemed  Mr. Incredible, had 12 receptions for 130 yards and 2 touchdowns. Excuse me for a minute; my eyes are welling up with tears of joy!  Manning attacked and kept on attacking! Now our running game didn’t have a huge impact on this game yardage wise, but Bradshaw was able to get some crucial first downs and Jacobs went in for a touchdown. I’m an old school Giants fan, I love a good passing game but I crave a strong running game. I want it all…yeah I’m greedy! Manning also spread the ball around the field and delivered it to my personal favorite receiver Steve Smith for a touchdown.  Now Manning‘s game wasn’t as rounded as the numbers representing the date. He did have two interceptions, but it was “his day”, so let’s just say he’s forgiven.  One thing this game showed me, well actually two: 1. The New York Giants defense is finally hungry! Beast and feast boys J and 2. We have dangerous weapons at the (WR ) position.  I’m waiting for Manning to start hitting each one, one right after the other.  Congrats to my G-men who went into the Lone Star state fired up the grill and had a good old fashioned bbq!  Served it up on both sides just like I like it …well done!  Go Big Blue!

No comments:

Post a Comment