Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Sporty Says...


"The Leaders of the Pack"

The match up against the Cowboys is always exhilarating regardless what the standings are for either squad. Last night was no different! My heart raced as kick off finally drew near for week 7. Then my jaw dropped when Eli's passes where intercepted and converted to a touchdown and later another converted to a field goal. This was not the way I envisioned this game starting out. After calming myself and screaming for my Gmen to wake up, things started smoothing out and the New York Football Giants started playing Giants football, which is always a beautiful thing! Eli ended with 306 yards passing, while Bradshaw had 126 yards rushing and Jacobs brought in 75 rushing yards making it 201 yards rushing for the night. Now that's what I call a running game.

Eli spread the ball around the field in this game also, sharing yards among Boss, Manningham, Smith and even Ramses Barden being the recipient of a 22 yard catch. I almost totally forget about Ramses! It was good to see him on the field. But the man of the hour whom I deem "Mr. Incredible" was Nicks, whom we all know as "Hakeem the Dream". He ended the night with 9 receptions for 108 yards and 2 touchdowns. Smith and Mannigham also pulled in a touchdown each.

You Go Steve Can I pause here for a moment and shout out Smith's 32 yard catch that he pulled in sandwiched in between two defenders! *wiping a tear of joy* That's a beautiful thing! Go Steve! That's my boy!

There was some good offense but there was some even better defensive playing going on. Yes it did get a little lax in the fourth quarter, but the Gmen looked primed and ready to take on the 'boys and take them on they did! Wrecking yet another quarterback in their path. I don't do Halloween but this year I'm wearing my Big Blue jersey and going through the streets as the Giants DEEEEEEEFENSE! If that isn't enough to scare you nothing will.

I did have a few "drop to my knees" screaming fests. One in particular was the Dez Bryant punt return for 93 yards. The Cowboys have weapons and so do we! I love how our wide receiver core is now starting to get the respect they deserved since last season. Eli has choices and he's slowing breaking in each one. Should you attempt to hinder the pass, we'll just hit you with the "Mack Trucks" and the run. There is still some tweaking that needs to be done, working on turnovers, playing hard all four quarters even if your opponent seems to be in a "lethargic" state... let's be honest, the Cowboys almost came back and snatched the win in the fourth. I was so happy when we fell on that onside kick and ended the game! *wipes brow*

Needless to say the Gmen got the job done for yet another game. With the NFL #1 rushing leader (Ahmad Bradshaw), the #7 receiving leader (Hakeem Nicks), and the #3 sack leader (Osi Umenyiora) along with sitting on top of the NFC East and being at the top of the NFC at 5-2, we are the leaders of the pack! Vrooooooom! Go Big Blue!

No comments:

Post a Comment