Sunday, December 9, 2012

Here We Go Again...

It's been a minute since I posted, but here we go once again. The Gmen are in a must win position as they go down the stretch. As much as I would've loved a little cushion with a win against the 'Skins on Monday night, I had a feeling it wouldn't go down that way. Gmen never do things the easy way, whichever road is the hardest to travel is the route they take. *insert aye-yi-yi here*

*Hums along\sings..."don't wanna play the same game". *insert as Monday here*

As any New York Football Giants fan knows, it's not over until it's over, Giants have to finish strong. I bELIeve in my squad. The NFC East will not be relinquished to the Cowboys or Redskins, they have no clue what to do with it!

As we begin Week 14 Picks, I'm starting off +1 with the Broncos over the Raiders

Side note: I want to send a shout out to ESPN for the "ESPN Film's 30 For 30: You Don't Know Bo" on Bo Jackson last night. Not to mention I turned to NFL Network and caught the ending of "Barry Sanders: A Football Life". I grew up watching some of the best players in NFL history. Also explains my fascination with running backs.

My second childhood NFL poster was a split NFL\MLB poster of Bo Jackson. My daddy was\is a Raiders fan.

Back to my picks for Week 14 which are really focused on the NFC East. May the gap widen between my Gmen and the others this day!

Ravens over the 'Skins

Bengals over the Cowboys (Prayers with the Brown family and Cowboys' organization another very sad situation)

Bucs over the Eagles

I could just focus on the top two, but all three of these picks are my Sporty Queasy Picks for Week 14! *insert another Aye-yi-yi here*.

Bills over Ravens

Falcons over Panthers

Browns over Chiefs

Steelers over Chargers

Colts over Titans

Jets over Jags

Vikes over Bears (Gooooooo Adrian!)

Niners over Dolphins

Seahawks over Cards

Packers over Lions

Texans over Patriots

Last but not least the GEEEEEEEMEN over the Saints

At this point in the season my focus is on my Gmen. So if I picked your squad today, wishing you a healthy, injury free game. Starting this week, may the odds be in my Gmen's favor. Here's to Eli blazing the redzone with touchdowns instead of having to settle for field goals and another week of triple digit rushing yards. Here's to the re-resurrection of Sporty's Sack Pack and the pull in of multiple picks, or dare I call for a pick six? I believe I shall! Here's to break out punt\kick off returns and me raising a whole lot of nachos to go with Cruz's Salsa in the endzone. Yes the Saints have a great quaterback with multiple weapons, but we have an ELIte quaterback with weapons too. We all know you can't spell elite without E-L-I! May the reigning Super Bowl Champions take the field today and remind everybody who they are!

The road to the "Drive for Five" just got real! Will the Gmen continue to control their destiny? Will they be able to pull out a victory and pull a little farther away from the others in the NFC East? Will I need a brown paper bag to control my breathing during this game? I see a victory in our future! So to the rest of you, Happy NFL Sunday and LET'S -GO -GIANTS!!!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment