Friday, December 28, 2012

Aye-Yi-Yi

Week 16 equally sucked as much as week 15 *insert le sigh*. Instead of being blown out, my Gmen were beaten to a pulp by the Ravens 33 - 14. A little pre-Merry Christmas to me. Half way through the game I started cleaning and organizing my room. If my Gmen couldn't stay focus, why should I? Basically within a couple of weeks my squad went from running the division, to being ran over! Straight road kill these last couple of games.

I've read blogs, listened to analysts as they attempt to figure out the reasons for the meltdown. "Who's to blame" seems to be the question that resonates with every word written or spoken. Let me tell you what I learned from all the different sources I've read. Are you ready? NOTHING! Nobody can truly explain it or understand it. The players and coaches can't truly explain it either. Hard to solve a problem when you have no clue what it is. Aye-yi-yi!

So now the Gmen are in a position where they need help to get to the playoffs. Aye-yi-yi! Vikings, Bears, and Cowboys must lose and the Giants must win to be in. Otherwise it's game over, actually season over to be more specific. I just shudder at that thought.

It ain't over, not yet...

So I go into week 17 feeling the weight of the NFL sports world on my shoulders! I would be a liar if I said I wanted the Gmen put out of their misery and really didn't care if they made the playoffs. Yes, even with the last couple of games and the horrible pummeling they've taken I'd still be excited and stressed out with a playoff run. If there is a way to get in, may the odds truly be in their favor!

So I'm taking my Gmen over the Eagles at home. Hoping that something clicks on offense and defense to help the Giants finish their run on a "higher" note regardless of what the playoff picture looks like. I'm a cheerleader at heart and still believe in my Gmen! Go Big Blue.

Let's flashback to Week 16 where I went 12/16 in my picks, that's 75%. You know the deal, when the Gmen lose, there is no joy in it. Let's get through my other picks for Week 17 shall we...

Lions over Bears ( I hope Megatron has an awesome game this Sunday. Records are made to be broken, but there is nothing wrong with making your predecessor put in serious work to catch it! You go boy!)

Packers over Vikings ( I hope Adrian Peterson has a great game, unfortunately I have to wish Aaron Rodgers has a better one. P.S. Thanks a lot Gmen)

Redskins over Cowboys ( I have no slander for RGIII ( much respect homie) and no time to list out my slanderous hate for the Cowboys. Do work Robert, do work! P.S. Thanks a lot Gmen)

Sporty's Queasy Pick for Week 17 is the 'Skins and 'Boys. I can already feel that this is going to be a close game! Regardless where the cards fall for the Giants, the Cowboys cannot win the division. I am not emotionally ready for that! Aye-yi-yi!

Other picks...

Falcons over Bucs

Bills over Jets

Bengals over Ravens (Just because my Gmen got roughed up I can see the Bengals manhandling the Ravens. Aye-yi-yi)

Texans over Colts

Saints over Panthers

Steelers over Browns

Titans over Jags

Broncos over Chiefs

Pats over Dolphins

Chargers over Raiders

Seahawks over Rams

Niners over Cardinals

If I chose your squad this week, may they have a healthy, injury free game. May good play calling and excellent execution also be in the Gmen's favor this week. Aye-Yi-Yi!

Wishing everyone a very Happy New Year!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment