Saturday, January 5, 2013

Out With A Bang!

Happy 2013 to all! The playoffs are upon us and I plan on enjoying an emotion-free playoff and Super Bowl run in New York Giants gear of course. Big shout out to my Gmen on a good season. They started off with a bang and sort of fizzled at the end, but it's all good. Well actually when I don't really think about it, it's all good.

The end of this season feels like being at an amusement park. After lasting through the highs, dips, and turns, you end it dizzy, giddy, and ready to get back in line for another ride! How many more months\hours\minutes before the new season kicks off?

 

Definitely an emotion roller coaster I've been riding for twenty-five years

Okay, I know we stiill have more football to play. Well that is, some of your teams stills have more football to play. So let me recap the last week of the season and chose the squads I want to make it one step closer to the Super Bowl.

For Week 17 I accurately picked 11 out of 16 wins, 69%. There is no way in the world I'm calculating a picks average because I already know it's pitiful! I'll just say, it's been fun.

Of course two out of the four wins that would have made me overjoyed never came to past. On that note I would like to thank the Bears for killing my hopes early on Sunday after the Gmen got a great win against the Eagles. Had the Lions won, I would have been a blazing hot mess during the Vikings game. Since that didn't happen, I was able to ohhh, awww, and coo all over Adrian Peterson as the Vikings beat the Packers. You know I love me some him! So congrats to AD on an amazing season and being oh, so close to breaking the rushing record. When Pam Oliver interviewed him and he had no clue he was nine yards away from breaking the record, it showed how much of a team player he truly is. Truth be told, somebody on the sideline would have been calculating and reporting it to me if I was him! So wishing Adrian and the Vikings an amazing run through the playoffs!

Here are Sporty's First Round Post Season Picks *insert drum roll here*.

Bengals over Texans

Vikings over Packers (This is going to be Sporty's Queasy Pick of the week. This game is going to be a real fight, because this time the Packers truly have something to lose!)

Ravens over Colts (With Ray Lewis announcing his retirement after this season, I want to see the Ravens clear this first round. Respect given to an amazing linebacker who uses the lessons learned from his trials in life to inspire others.)

Redskins over Seahawks (The Seahawks look really hungry this season, but I stand by my division and roll with Robert and them. I am a NFC East fan foremost through and through. Well, that is unless the Cowboys make it, then I have to think about it. (Side Note: Why Gmen why? smh )

So if I chose your squad for this round, may the odds be in their favor. May all teams enjoy a healthy, injury free game. To all the players who have joined the fans as spectators, welcome to the offseason! We went out with a bang, but you know I am not through until I throw in those important three words, GO BIG BLUE!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment