Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Sporty says....

We’ll Be Back!
After suffering a loss to the Cowboys, I still cringe at the thought of that!  I was looking forward to the “Battle for the NFC East” against the Eagles. I was concerned which Gmen team would show up. Would it be the quarterback wrecking defense that seemed to take down everything in sight or its lethargic alter ego? On offense, would our wide receiver core be able to step up to the challenge still missing a very important linkà Steve Smith? There were so many questions…let’s just get to the answers!
Starting with the positive, I was very proud of the Gmen defense that stepped up against the Eagles. They were able to “contain” Mike Vick and save our pride! Remember the ‘Skins…yeah, if you have to go down it shouldn’t be in flames!  Big shout out to our Big Blue defense! Tuck ended with three sacks, one which resulted in Vick’s first turnover of the season! DEEEEEEEEEEFENSE! There were a few plays where the Gmen got duped and the Eagles got major yardage, but the defense never gave up! They played hard all four quarters! For that I am proud!
Now for the other side of the ball *deep sigh*, we could not get it together on offense. We never found our “groove”. Eli seemed tense to me all game, but I guess you would be after throwing an interception.  He seems to forget his bad throws easier in some games than others.  He ended with three interceptions for the night. And what in the world was he thinking with that 4th down play in the fourth with 3:13 on the clock? He slides and the ball comes out with NOBODY near him! Now I almost lost it on that play! I honestly could have vomited! Makes my stomach queasy just thinking about it!
Moving on, our running game couldn’t get off the ground, which drives me crazy, but the offensive line just couldn’t open up any holes. We did pull in two touchdowns and the game was actually up for grabs, well until the above play. Ball security was another big issue of the night and our wide receivers did NOT look like themselves…I miss Steve! Please get healthy and back quick, fast, and in a hurry! We need as many weapons on the field, spread out, as we can get!
Then, we have special teams, which did an excellent job on the blocked field goal…and then I digress.
 I love me Gmen but they were scratching and pecking on offensive plays like chickens in a barnyard. Going through the motions but never getting off the ground, because of that, Eagles took flight and took round one along with first place in the NFC East...for now.  That game was not 100% New York Giants Football; I know in December my Gmen will be ready to ground the Eagles!  In the words of the Terminator, “(We’ll)be back! “ Go Big Blue!  

No comments:

Post a Comment