Saturday, September 28, 2013

Down, But Not Out...

Just sitting here thinking about how much I longed for the NFL during the post and preseason play. Then looking back on the past three weeks with tears in my eyes trying to figure out what's going on. Well, honestly, the tears dried up around Monday night and by Thursday I was back to the , "it ain't over yet", mindset that I normally carry pretty well through the season.

Nevertheless I go on Facebook this morning and am bombarded with insults, grumblings, and "it's over" posts by fellow fans. Now I do realize the Giants have not looked good over the past weeks and we all mourn defeats in our own ways. I also realize sometimes it takes longer to shake off a loss, or multiples, than others and I'm going to give them their time and respect that. But in the words of my high school Pre-Calculus teacher, "Geesh Louise people! Get over it and move on".

 

As I'm reading all I'm thinking is, are you kidding me? It's been three weeks and we're really ready to throw in the towel? Analyst and NFL commentators are already trying to crown teams after 3 games! I know we have issues with our offensive line, the lack of a running game, turnovers or evens worse sacks, and a defense that's seeing more playing time than any defense should be seeing, but still it has been THREE GAMES!!! Yes after our loss to Carolina I tweeted...

 

 

In my defense I was under extreme distress and it was posted immediately after that game slaughtering. I just watched a game against a team that also struggled last week go haywire. Not that I thought a win against Carolina would've been easy, I'm a fanatic not insane...at least not with this particular game, but I thought we would've seen a game. All I saw was my poor quarterback turned into a huge cleat driven into the turf over and over and over... my eyes are tearing up, so I digress. Any-who, it was not a pretty game and was an embarrassing a heart wrenching blow out. Which I relived Monday morning between two classes and various playground and lunchroom stops of, "Hey Ms. Sanders you saw the game?" over, and over, and over... aye-yi-yi.

 

I've learned to take the good, with the bad, and the downright ugly. So I felt the pain, but as I said, by Thursday I was looking forward to a new game, a new start, a new beginning, another chance to see what I was longing for all off season, my Gmen playing New York Giants football. Needless to say there is a lot of work that needs to be done and the doubt wagon has blown up to a load that is at full capacity. Since I've gotten off , I gladly extend my spot to whosever needs it. I am sure that this week the New York Football Giants will rise to the occasion and prove that they were down, but can't be counted out. With that said, I pick my Giants to move to 1-3 this week!

 

So as my Gmen prepare to take on the Kansas City Chiefs I pick the Giants to win 27-14. It will not be an easy game but I'm believing the opening two drives will result in field goals, which will be made! From that point we will see the end zone multiple times. Our defense will be able to contain Kansas City's offense because the Giants offense will not have multiple three and outs. More time on the field for the offense= more time to rest up and beast out for the defense. Yes, I have heard about the KC defensive front, yes I know about the rocking stadium which now has even more reason to rock, but I believe in the phrase, "any given Sunday"', and this Sunday will be just that!

We're down, but not out and I look forward in the future to hearing the media try to rationalize how teams they've given divisions to at 3-0 or 2-1 have fallen short of the mark by week 12. One of the many things I've learned as a football fan is don't let the quick start out the gate fool you! There is a lot more football to be played. So I say play on Gmen, play on... just better than you played these past three weeks!

 

So I end this post with high hopes for a good game this Sunday resulting in a GIANT win! It's time to show what you're really made of Gmen! Go Big Blue!!!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment