Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Sporty's Salty...

The NFL Lockout has been lifted after 132 days and I am elated! So excited that we can now discuss football and not the possibility of getting to football. The New York Giants made some really hard cuts yesterday with center Shaun O'Hara (swallows hard) and guards Rich Seubert and Shawn Andrews being released. Then something happened that just clouded everything else, I got wind that Plaxico Burress may be considering a return to Big Blue O_o...
When Plax first got out of prison I changed my twitter avi and posted an update on facebook eagerly awaiting his return to his family and the NFL...hopefully as a Gmen. Then he got out and started promoting other teams in media coverage/on twitter and calling out former issues with Coach Coughlin. He basically made it seem as though returning to Big Blue was not an option. Which made me quite salty with him, so now I'm like "HUH?". Is Big Blue  going through the motions because it's just apart of free agency or are they attempting to make it look as though the Giants were willing and it was his choice to move on, should he move on.


I'm confused and still salty. I felt no love from Plax on twitter, he shouted out his Spartan nation and other NFL teams more than anything else. Hmmmm, or was that his plan, to make the Giants believe he was interested in all other prospects to see what kind of deal he could cut? This is why I don't watch soap operas. My personal take---> I'm not at all excited about Plax's possible return now, if his heart isn't with Big Blue TOTALLY, I don't want to see him back in the uniform. Our WR core have proven in his absence that they are what many never thought they could be, a strong core seen as a threat with great potential! Yeah, yeah, I remember injuries and tip balls last season...it's called maturing (growing) pains.
*shrugs and walks away to get popcorn*
PS: Why was Vick's return seen as "he'll be rusty after being so long away from the game...", and Plax's return seen almost as though he's primed and ready to roll?

No comments:

Post a Comment